Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm back in Paris, safe and sound! I was sort of dreading coming back to my apartment because I was afraid that, after several days of no use, the door would be tough to open again. But there was absolutely no problem, which probably means I'll be okay for the rest of the year.

So usually I'm very efficient at getting over jetlag, but when I got home today I fell asleep for almost 8 hours! Sleeping 8 hours at once is an impressive feat for me in most circumstances, but not a good idea this time as it was in the middle of the day, Paris time.

I'm starting up work with the school schedule on Monday, so I'm a bit anxious about that.

Tomorrow I'm planning to get things I need for my apartment: cooking things, a pillow, something to dry my clothes on, and possibly a bin for clothes, if I can find a cheap one. The total of cooking supplies in this apartment when I got her was one pot and one sautee pan, some silverware (butter knives but no other knives), a bottle opener, and a wooden spoon. This has been somewhat of a problem thus far so I'm excited to get some new supplies.

Sunday I will try to arrange my apartment, finding places for things mostly. That's difficult in a space that is about as big as my bedroom at home.

No news to report from Paris but I'll try to keep things updated.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: