Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A dull life

I just wanted to let everyone know I'm here and I have a bunch of posts planned - but for the moment I have nothing exciting going on at all and I'm having a bit of a writer's block.

I was really and truly planning to do a big post on the food culture tonight but I've been hit with an unexpected wave of tiredness.  I've been sort of fighting off a sickness since the weekend and I want to make it through the rest of this week without getting sick so I'm going to try to go to bed super early.  Sorry, Mother.  I think baby O and I keep trading colds back and forth.  He'll be somewhat sick for a few days and then a couple of days later he'll be better and I'll start to get a cold.  Then I'll get better and he gets it again.  That's been happening for the last month or so. 

I will do an actual post tomorrow, but in the meantime here are a few posts that have been floating around (just to give you a preview!):

- Notre Dame has a Gregorian mass every Sunday morning.  My love of chant is well-known and I'm super excited to see this happen in such an amazing venue.  I've planned to go the last two weekends but things have come up.  I'm hoping I can this weekend, but if I have to work early this Saturday I probably won't go.

- Food.  There are a lot of differences in the food culture between here and the US - how people eat, what is available, and how/where you buy it.  I get a lot of questions about French cuisine so I think this might be interesting.

 - Some museums I'm planning to visit, hoping I'll find some interesting stuff.

- Not sure if this would interest people, but I was thinking of doing a once-in-a-while post on each of the arrondissements of Paris, possibly starting tonight.  We'll see if people like it!

No comments: