Sunday, June 26, 2011

I found the market

But panicked and only got strawberries!  It was very overwhelming.  I'll go back on Tuesday and hopefully there won't be as many people - I felt silly because there is a rhythm to the produce areas and since I haven't been very confident in my French being up to par (I was rather lazy with it this past semester and spoke a lot of Franglais although I understand everything perfectly) I thought I would stand back and watch a bit.

I'm going to go somewhere today but I can't decide where.  Trying to think of a place that will be relatively non-crowded and tourist-free on a Sunday is really difficult in Paris.  I'm not sure I want to do any churches today as you never know when services will be on weekends.  I might end up going to the Paris mosque, which is pretty close to me, or the Arènes de Lutèce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arènes_de_Lutèce) just a couple of blocks away.  The Museum of the Middle Ages?  Maybe.

No comments: