Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A collection of thoughts

I think my friends are planning a night out at a jazz bar for my birthday.  That's pretty cool.

Some days (like yesterday and tomorrow) I have class 10:30-1, 2:30-5, and a conference (lecture) 6:30-8:30ish.  Those are very long days, with a lot of thinking involved.  My brain hurts after those days.  It's a good thing they give us wine after.

I haven't visited the Place de la Concorde yet!  What am I doing!  (For those who didn't follow last time that's the square where the guillotine lived during the French Revolution, one of my favorite places in Paris.)

On that note, have I mentioned later in the month we're having a guest lecture all about guillotines?!  So excited.

The worst thing about living on my own is that I'm terrible at opening jars and such.  It took me two days to open a jar of apricot-strawberry jam I found; it made me sad.

I saw a Coptic priest yesterday on the Metro!  At least, I think that's what he was.  It was almost as exciting as running into nuns.

I want to cook more French food here.  That requires buying things like meat.  Hmmm.

There is a Chopin festival this month in Paris AND a Mozart festival.

Sometimes in the morning I open my curtains and look at the apartment building across from me (everyone here is a creeper and stares out their windows at other Parisians all day long) and I see this one apartment always making delicious looking omelets in a really big pan.  How do I steal them?

Armagh, as in Country Armagh in Ireland, sounds like a sound one makes when sick.

The girl I'm subletting from left two unopened champagne bottles in the food cabinet.  Do you think I'm allowed to drink them?

No comments: