Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy thing, sad thing

Okay two happy things.

I'm going to see Harry Potter in a couple of hours I'M SO EXCITED!!  Tout s'achève!


I went to the market this morning to pick up some hummus and pita.  Alas, it seems I really do have to get up earlier to get the hummus.  But the Lebanese food guy is my favorite!  I ordered: prepared eggplant (cooked with a sauce and stuffed, 6.20), some raheb (like baba ghanoush with other veggies, in lieu of hummus, 2.90 for a small carton), four stuffed grape leaves (2), and a pack of pita (1), all coming to 12.10 euro.  I received: the eggplant with some bulgur salad and moussaka on the side; the raheb; six grape leaves; the pita; a small carton of tabbouleh, 12 euro.  And a sample of another dip I didn't like much.  But yay!

Now the sad thing: I left my dearly beloved water bottle in one of the IFS classrooms today.  The one with the built in filter.  I do know exactly where I left it but since the undergrads have classes in there today I'm not sure I have much hope of retrieving it tomorrow.  :( 

1 comment:

tpb said...

Have fun at Harry Potter. Big women's world cup game today with France playing US at around 5pm your time I think. Might be more important to some over there than Harry Potter. I suppose the rest will be intent on following the Tour de France.

Be good. I hope you find that favorite bottle. If you were here you would need it as it has been close to 100 the last 2 days.