Tuesday, March 25, 2008

eastern bloc winds: 100% colder than any other winds

I'm back from my Central/Eastern European adventures in one piece, but my camera is dead so I haven't been able to upload any pictures yet. Don't worry, they're coming soon. Until then, some highlights from my trip:

- Slovakians are really into sheep's cheese, which makes for some delicious tiny dumpling/noodle/pasta-y things

- Bratislava (aka "the Brat") is tiny and lovely and you can walk it easily, plus there are random statues of Soviet war-type things all around

- it also has a bar called the KGB bar!!!!

- Budapest has too much awesome to do in a day so we extended to a day and a half; most of this was spent exploring the various Mexican restaurants of the city. Also the baths!

- Vienna is PRETTY but COLD

No comments: