Thursday, May 15, 2008

beginning of the end

These are my last days in Paris, and though that is sad to think about I've been having a great time wandering the city in springtime. I try to go someplace newish every day; I want to get to some of the outer areas soon, like La Defense. It's been gorgeous here and I want to take advantage of that while it lasts!

It's strange to think of going home, and things that will be going on when I go home. My friends are all mostly done with class by now and many are back in Nopo already; the IC kids are going to Turkey soon (I can't believe it's been 2 years since I did that!); I have to start thinking about how to lose my Nutella weight (hee) before the wedding in August; I have a new baby niece. But mostly I have to think about how to say goodbye to France.

Today a couple friends and I discovered a very cool, very local market right next to our RER stop. We never even knew it was there! I picked up some strawberries and pesto gnocchi, but I have my eye on a store that sells all kinds of honey products - yum! I still have to get to Versailles and Reims (daytrips), and I haven't explored much of the northern part of the city.

And even though my time here is almost done I would still like to remind everyone that I greatly appreciate comments! It makes me feel like I'm writing this for a purpose, and not just to babble into cyberspace.

For fun, some of my favorite things recently:
TV: Gossip Girl (very guilty pleasure!)
Music: Saint-Saens; also, "Three Wishes" by The Pierces (taken from Gossip Girl)
YouTube: Draco Malfoy sings with a slightly out of tune guitar (ah, reminds me of my advanced Music Comp days!)
Books: the letters of Ablard and Heloise (couldn't find them in Pere Lachaise :( )
Spanish food: a chorizo dish named after Dante's Inferno :)

No comments: