Sunday, May 18, 2008

hm..

So I did probably not the smartest thing today. I walked approximately 5.3 km (3.3 miles) from just beyond the Place de la Republique to where I live. I was surprised at how easy it was to find my way; I was definitely expecting to get lost. Anyway, I was walking in about 2" wooden heels and my feet hurt a lot. I don't think I'll be going to Versailles with my friends tomorrow [today], but I will sleep.

I will never, ever understand why any Metros ever close. Why?! There are always people who need to get places, no matter what the time.

Today I did the catacombs, Notre Dame, and the Luxembourg gardens, the Place de la Concorde/Champs Elysees, and helped my friend sear for her camera, which she left in a kebab place last night. I gave a French lesson and many history lessons. Then we went out with one of my friends to complete the day. Needless to say, I am quite tired. We'll see if I can make the Bastille market tomorrow. A bientot!

4 comments:

aniRAM said...

hi angie,hope you got your well deserved rest!!! unlike uncle rick this will be in english.... since when did he learn french? I suspect his "cute french maid" may have soemthing to do with his recent fluency in french.I hope you made it to the market and enjoy the rest of your time in Paris. Marina and I will be in Ithaca the last week of June, hope to see you there. take care, love, uncle jeff

A said...

haha, jeff, that was a different richard, one of my dad's colleagues :)

that's great that you'll be in ithaca! i hope i'll be there, but i'm not sure yet

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Angie,
Peut-etre, mon ami Richard peut nous dire pourquoi le Metro ne roule pas 24-7. Il serait fort apprecie! Lynn (au bureau de Papa Burton....)

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Angie,
J'aurais bien voulu qu'une "cute French maid" m'apprenne le français mais je suis Français dec naissance...Ton oncle est innocent...Je lis toujours avec intérêt tes commentaires et ceux de tes correspondants .
Je reviens un instant sur le Metro parisien.Il me semble qu'il est ouvert toute la nuit les soirs de grande fête.Par exemple,pour la Fête de la Musique fin Juin.Seras tu encore à Paris pour cette occasion?
Richard.