Friday, May 23, 2008

why aren't i sleeping?

I guess because I (again) missed the last Metro and had to walk home. This time, though, it was only from Aurelien's, which is just 4 stops away and one road the whole way. It was about 50 minutes. I really should stop doing this. Though I've never had any problems it's really not the safest thing to do; Aurelien was highly unconvinced when I told him it was perfectly fine.

But going there I got possibly the best reaction to saying I'm American: a guy was advertising for some sort of improv theater and after talking for a bit I said I was American (he had assumed I was British) and he immediately asked, "Are you a Puritan?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peut-etre, tu es un peu deprimee en savant qu'il ne reste qu'une semaine a Paris! Je suis triste aussi parce que je vais manquer ton blog special (enornement)….
Alors, avant de quitter Paris, il faut regarder la belle-fille de ma voisine a NY, Bridgitte Fanny Cohen, qui fait membre de l'equipe Tele-matin News 2 Paris, ou Bridgitte s'occupe d'affaires de la sante chaque jour. Plutot, si tu as le temps, il vaut la peine de voir un concert ou un spectacle au Palais des Congres de Paris (Place de la Porte Maillot). J'ai vu la chanteuse Mireille Mathieu dans ce grand amphitheatre, plein d'ambiance chaleureuse et festive, il y a plusieurs annees….Enfin, bonne chance sur ton examen a l'ecole et entretemps bonne nuit et amuse toi bien cette derniere semaine a Paris! Lynn
(bon weekend Richard – j'espere tu auras le temps du jardinage au foret Droue ce weekend!!!)

Unknown said...

hi angie, looked at your pictures and latest blog entries, thanks for the updates. Saw your response to my the uncle rick comment.... I guess he doesn't know french after all !!!!enjoy the rest of your time there. uncle jeff

p.s. thx ofr the motivation to set up my gmail account