Sunday, April 20, 2008

3:09am: I really hate when I read an abstract of an article, or the intro or something, and it looks relevant, so I print it out...then it winds up not helping at all. Meh.

3:13am: And when it looks useful and legit, then turns out to be from 1942. Oh well, the novel was written in the 50's...that makes this article practically a primary source! Also, I just can't get enough of the Bacchanale

3:29am: So I know it's a lit paper and I don't actually need primary sources, but would it be acceptable to include both Las Casas' account of the Mexican conquest - from the 1500's - and an anthropologist's view of contemporary Mexican families at the time the novel was written - from the 1950's - as primary sources? My paper has to include both of these time periods to fully analyze how it's developed...hm

3:38am: Okay I know it's an article from the 1950's regarding family values, etc, and I know it's a sociological study, but, ew. I can't read it anymore. I'm not even a feminist and it makes me cringe every other word.

3:44am: Bedtime, I guess. I have 2 more articles from today to read and a few books to go through and I should be through with the factual history part of the paper. Hooray!

No comments: