Sunday, April 20, 2008

not-quite live blogging my paper

Two things: I've realized that when I have papers, finals, etc to work on I eat whatever I want whenever I feel like it. When my mom sends me finals cookies, I take an amount set aside for me and inevitably wind up eating them around 2am, when I start getting hungry. I just finished eating a snack of peanut butter, crackers, and a granola bar. But I could just as easily have done with a chicken caesar wrap from the campus store.. It reminds me of how my [former]roommate and I have a rule that after 11pm, no one is hungry, they're always just thirsty.

Why is it so much cooler to put terms in French? Someone asked me this last semester when Zenon insisted on saying mentalité instead of mentality, and now I'm reading an article where the author differentiates between "materials" and matériels.

No comments: