Monday, April 21, 2008

study music

Since I get asked this often enough, I've made up a list of classical music I like to study by: I have a much bigger playlist, but these are my favorites. Maybe I'll do a list of non-classical later.

Durufle’s Requiem – Introit; Kyrie; Agnus Dei; Lux Aeterna; In Paradisum


Chopin – Nocturne in G minor, op. 15, no. 3; Nocturne in F minor; Nocturne for Orchestra; Waltz in A minor, op. 34, no. 2; Nocturne in C sharp minor, no. 20, Post – even better if arranged for violin and piano


Eric Whitacre – Five Hebrew Love Songs; October; Sing Me to Heaven; I Thank You God for This Most Amazing Day


Mozart – Ach, Ich Füssls (The Magic Flute); Overture, Canzonetta sull’aria, Dove Sono (The Marriage of Figaro)


Bach - Fürchte Dich Nicht, a motet


Saint-Saëns – Bacchanale from Samson and Delilah; Cello Concerto in A minor, op. 33, Allegro non troppo


Debussy – Nuages; 1st Arabesque for piano; Prélude à l’Après-Midi d’un Faune; Danses pour Harpe et Orchestre – Danse Sacrée


Fauré – Cantique de Jean Racine, op. 11; Pavane, op. 50


Tchaikovsky – Symphony Pathétique (no. 6), Finale, Andante


Samuel Barber – Agnus Dei


Verdi – Va, Pensiero (Nabucco) – actually that one distracts me a little


Bizet – Intermezzo, Carmen suite no. 1

No comments: