Saturday, February 2, 2008

jour de crêpes

Catherine told me today is the Jour de Crêpes (crêpe day!), and she showed me how to make batter for them! Yum. So before I forget: gently mix a quart farine (a kind of flour - I know quarts are for liquid but I can't remember the conversion) and 3 eggs until well blended and there aren't any lumps; a few dashes of salt for crêpes salées; mix with a quart of milk, adding about 1/3 at a time and a little water; let the batter sit for about 4 hours.

I'm not sure why there is a Jour de Crêpes, but I like it.

Today - and this weekend - are also for me the Jours de Tocqueville, as I'm somewhat behind on my reading of him. There are two concerts I want to go to tonight, and like seven that I want tomorrow. I might get to both tonight provided the first isn't too long: a vocal ensemble with organ at the Val-de-Gr
âce (will I finally get in there?!) performing Bach, Rameau and Holst, then an alto and piano at Chapelle St-Bernard performing Brahms, Chopin, Ravel, others. Sounds good to me.

I finally got my camera! I'm going to try to post some pictures next.

1 comment:

mjcburton said...

I think I would rather have Crepe Day over Groundhog Day, myself. Sounds like something we should institute here!
Love, Mom