Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ow.

I'd like to announce that I've found a substance able to stand up to my legendary fingernails: frozen bananas. Yeah. I was rushing around this morning because I was late (it has to do with Batman...don't ask) and figured I'd grab a banana to eat quickly. Fruit is kept on the outside terrace, and Paris has been very cold lately, around 30 in the mornings - this makes very cold fruit.

Well, peeling bananas for me falls into the same category as my almost-as-legendary inability to open things. I tried to tear off a banana from the bunch quickly, but it disagreed. In retaliation for my brutal act of parting it from its fellows, the banana bent back my thumbnail about halfway down, ripping it from the skin underneath. Now, my nail did not break (of course) but it was pretty darn bloody.

And if you've never seen a bloody banana, you might want to try it sometime. It's an interesting sight.

No comments: